hip hip.... hooray?
not sure about this outcome as far as size is concerned.
definitely love the bag. love the project. love the fact that i used scraps from my stash.
however...
a little freaked out about the large handles vs. tiny bag.
i should always give myself at least double the seam-allowances, because this somehow is a recurring theme when i sew.
what to do?
repeat this bag, but make it bigger and move handles?
turn this little sucker in to something else? but what?
i'm not totally whining... i'm happy that i got something complete
and had fun in the meantime.
here are a few pictures to chronicle my efforts (note. must learn to place these pictures better).
oh, yes, and of course - i shall give credit where credit is due...
http://jemimabean.blogspot.com/2008/11/dresden-petal-handbag-tutorial.html
alright, ladies. holler at me.
help me save this could-be-beauty.
LOVE it! And I love the way the fabrics pulled together! hmmm... do you have enough of the scraps to do the same fabrics in a bigger purse? I say make another one, and move the handles. This one, you could make some fabric handles that are even the same size (length), but would not overwhelm the bag b/c they wouldn't be black. Does that make sense?
ReplyDeleteI am DEFINITELY making this bag!
Wow! Meghan just showed me this link the other day and I loved it then, but love it much more now! Woo-hoo!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Leigh gave you constructive feedback b/c I wouldn't know what to do. But I agree with her thoughts ;) But before you take it apart, when you put it on your shoulder and look in a mirror, do the handles look as big?
this is not a shoulder bag - i should have included something in the picture for a better frame of reference. it's very small.
ReplyDeletei think i'm going to try to duplicate it - but bigger.
and move the handles.
oh, and try to turn the mini-me version in to something else (like a cosmetic pouch).
I hope to work on mine today! Hope you got your enlarged photo copies in the mail : )
ReplyDelete