As mommas with kids older than mine... what do you value in an art smock? One that covers the arms? Grows from 2 to 5 years with your child? Easy for an older kid to put on by themselves (or will they really need your help until 5 or so anyway?)?
That said... do you have any patterns, ideas or brands (yes, I will buy) that you would recommend? I am thinking of this for my triplet niece and nephews and have been dragging my feet for MONTHS. Thought I'd enlist some help from y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My mom made matching mother/daughter aprons for Keeley and I from outdoor vinyl tablecloths. $3 at Wal-Mart or CVS. You could make several from one tablecloth. I personally love them because you can wipe anything right off - No need to wash. I don't have a pattern but it would be really easy to trace and copy. REALLY EASY! They are pretty cute too. They are not the most durable but I use these more than others I have. You're welcome to borrow them!
ReplyDeleteHave you tried posting this question on the SMS forum? I think I remember a tutorial somewhere...maybe check out justtutes. I have a link on my blog, I'll come back and paste it...I would prefer no sleeves because they would probably get in the way or knock over the water cup or something. Maybe the kind that goes over the head, covers the front and back and ties with a ribbon at both sides? That would easy for a kid to put on, an maybe tie themselves or you could use velcro strips? Sorry, it's late my brain is starting to shut down! :D Anyway...thanks for visiting my blog! Be thinking about the "boy stuff" My boy just made a year so I am eager to find some things for boys!! I just put a button on my blog for "boy week" from Fabulous Finds, we'll see how that goes!
ReplyDelete