Sunday, March 7, 2010

Summertime project?

I recently saw that Downey supports a program called Quilts for Kids in hospitals. The kit and fabric is free, you provide the batting, and then the return shipping to send it back. I have not yet wanted to tackle a quilt project, but I think this is a great way to learn and to help bring some joy to a kid in a hospital.

I am going to request a kit, even though I doubt I'll get to this anytime soon. However, the site suggests saving $$ on shipping by ordering your friends' kits. So... anyone else interested in doing this with me? Let me know and I'll order a few kits.

1 comment:

  1. you are so fabulous! I would love to do this with you! Like you, I wouldn't be able to get to it soon, but I'd love to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete