Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bag Addiction





This is my first post and I don't know what I'm doing! Ben has been traveling and so I've been up LATE sewing.


This is my new favorite. It's called the "Charming Handbag" from a book Sarah got at the library called "Bend-The-Rules-Sewing". It's written by the woman from the Angry Chicken blog. It was easy and quick!




I've experimented with fake patent/black vinyl which was difficult but cool.
















The two patent totes are varitions of the fat quarter purse tutorial from sewmamasew.


















I used the enlarged template for this dresden petal bag and it looks like a banana. I think I'll only do 5 strips per side instead of 7 next time. I don't think I'll cut off the top to make the pockets either. I'd rather have a bigger bag.

This is the "Sweet and Sassy" bag from the class I took at Quilting Adventures. The final step is learning how to install grommets which I'll do this Friday night. Exciting! : )

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how many bags you have made!!! These are awesome! I love the Charming Handbag and the Sweet and Sassy (See... I'm obsessed with bags and less so with purses!). Great fabric choices on all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! you have been so busy! Josh is going out of town next week, and I'm looking forward to some late night sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SEW talented, Meghan.
    man, i'm SEW impressed.
    did you know how much i -heart- patent leather?
    where did you buy the leather? how much is it per yard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the fake leather : ) at Williams and Sherill. I bought a half yard when all their fabrics were on sale in January. I think it was around $15 a yard. How cute would it look with the hounds tooth fabric you found there!!

    ReplyDelete