I had some extra time to sew this weekend - and instead of working on my quilt, or making bags like I should be doing, I made some new curtains for my living room.
My living room has been a cozy place to be, full of warm, rich colors... but suddenly, I want LIGHT! Light, fresh colors.... the golden yellow walls could stay, because they seem lighter yellow when the room is light - but all of the dark pillows and the curtains had to go. I recovered the pillows last month - but they just stood out against everything else. Until now. Now it all makes sense.
The stripes are made of a charm pack of Amy Butler fabrics from her Midwest Modern collection - I just took out all the pink ones (I'm using them for a patchwork bag, and Josh is not a fan of pink. Yes, I'm blaming it on him... heh heh). Total sewing time = approx. 1 hour.
Best part? Total price = $12!!! Can you tell the white fabric is 2 $2.99 sheets from Goodwill? Total college decorating, but I think I classed it up a bit. What do you guys think?
Leigh
Leigh-- I can't believe you did this so quickly and for such a bargain! They look awesome!! VERY artsy -- not college at all.
ReplyDeleteI concur! (This is Sarah's sister by the way - I don't sew, but you girls are definitely inspiring me!)
ReplyDeleteI think they look great, and curtains for $12 - well they just don't exsist!