Sunday, March 1, 2009

Minky Binky Lovey-Boo Woobie



I finally made a woobie/ lovey blanket!! Instead of the 30x30 that Meghan has made (beautiful ones!) and that Quilting Adventures has nicely cut out (FYI-- all cut and ready to sew... great last minute baby gift), I wanted a slightly smaller 20x20 blanket that would be a lovey. I'm finally meeting my friend's 3 month old baby this week!!! I used minky fabric my friend gave me mixed with some new flannel. I love both of these, although I don't understand how simple math and squares can end up a little lopsided. I think I need to get more comfortable with that aspect of "homemade with love." I added Logan to a photo for perspective although you don't necessarily need it for this simple project!

Notes for future lovies: I would leave the lining out for a true lovie vs using lining for a blanket. I would also add the satin binding around the edges.

3 comments:

  1. love it! SEW CUTE!!! ;) what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome.
    remember, too... man on a fast horse, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw you are really talented! Ive enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete